Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 30 November 2011

Info Post
(1992) **

I'm happy to say that I succeeded in at least one of my horrorthon goals this year. Goal 1: Don't see anything I've seen before. Goal one: Met with success! Goal 2: Vampire and Werewolf movies only: Possibly met with success. I'm unsure if Attack on the Block counts as werewolf.... I'd like it to count, but if it doesn't then I get a future year of thonning to do the Vampire and Werewolf only challenge. As for Bram Stoker's Dracula, I'm not sure if I would have liked or starred it differently had I seen it when it was new. I found the editing and cinematography stylings more annoying than enjoyable, and Keanu was definitely Keanu. Keanu made Winona Ryder look good in this movie--and really, this was not her best work. Keanu has bugged me in almost everything he's been in since Parenthood. On the other hand, Anthony Hopkins puts in real effort and Gary Oldman just killed it all the way through.


Oldman is a fantastic actor and pretty much saved me from turning off the flick. Overall, I'm glad I saw this since I never had, and I'd heard so many people talk about it, but I think I need to choose better flicks next year...maybe you guys have some recommendations for good intro / horror 101 flicks?

0 comments:

Post a Comment