Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 29 November 2011

Info Post
(1998) *1/2
Apologies for the delayed continuance of my participation in writing up my reviews. My peace offering consists of the fact that I followed Octo's suggestion that someone take one for the team and watch the Blade movies this October. Blade is much more of an action flick than a horror flick. I remember wanting to see Blade when it came out (I'll admit to a Wesley Snipes crush--which somehow still holds nostagilcally when I rewatch Demolition man).

Bloody vampire during the in the bloodrave

In the movie, Blade is born as his mother is dying in a hospital after a vampire attack vampire and retains features of both beings (thirst of a vampire, sun, silver, and garlic friendliness of a human). Befriended by Whistler (Kris Kristofferson) Blade becomes a hybrid day-walking vampire hunter both to avenge his mother's death and to protect all non vampire familiar humans. Whistler creates a treatment to keep Blade's bloodlust at bay as well as lovely custom weapons that were a visual highlight in the movie (the blood bath rave was also visually stimulating). All told, I was disappointed that the CGI and special effects didn't really hold up. The now "old school" fight scene and action sequence coreography was nice to see again, despite how the movie dragged in the middle.

CGI has come a long way since 1998



0 comments:

Post a Comment