Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 24 September 2011

Info Post
Well we have passed the threshold of one week to go! This is the last Saturday for a month that we won't spend cramming as much horror into our eyeholes as humanly possible. And I am having a blast already, staying up late to bang out these posts and watching the contributor pool continue to grow. Between the Recommendations contest and my Killdozer review (only 3 more 2010 reviews to go!), we've seen both my sister and Cal of Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness show up. Welcome, welcome!

Today's contest is all about themes, or roundups, or whatever you call the groups of similar movies that form either by accident or design in your Horrorthon lineup of any given year. For instance you might say "By gum! This year I plan to partake of several Mad Hillbilly movies," or perhaps you'll say "Say, how about another Seventies Animals Attack movie, my dear?"

Unless they feel like it, I don't want anyone to reveal any plans they have in the works for next month (I mean next week! Hee hee hee!), because surprising your fellow 'thonners with an emerging theme can be part of the fun. This discussion is actually intended to be pretty loose: bring up themes you've done in the past, themes you chip away at every year, themes you think you'd like someone else to tackle. If you don't really work with this kind of guideline, talk about horror subgenres that you either like or avoid.

The Sub-Themes, or maybe Sub-Sub-Themes, are less thematic and more about various horriffic occurances that happen in at least two different movies [edit: or, if the sub-theme is awesome enough, like "not only did I create this evil invention which might destroy the world, but I also fucked it," it can be just one movie]. I've done posts in the past about some of my favorites, but as an example I'll throw out a work-in-progress.

Sub-theme: Movies in which a topless woman is impaled on a pair of antlers mounted on the wall.

I'm calling this a WIP because I'm only mostly sure I'm right about either of them and I don't feel like watching either the Lost Boys sequel or the Friday the 13th remake again. Any help, gang?

As I just did there, if you have a bizarre sub-theme to list, it's good to mention the flicks on the list. (Stage whisper: Watch out for major spoilers!)

Okay, a few rules:

[Edit] Never mind! The discussion is unfolding perfectly without any rules. [End edit]

How about it, gang? You game?

(Stage whisper) Horrorthon....!

0 comments:

Post a Comment