Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 13 October 2011

Info Post
(2010) ***


When I told my family I was watching and reviewing horror movies for the month of October, they nodded & smiled with feigned approval. When I told them I had just watched a movie called Trollhunter, they couldn't stop laughing for ten minutes.

I like to entertain.


This movie struck me as an enjoyable hybrid of sci-fi/fantasy and horror; a great combination for someone whose upbringing involved long hours discussing Star Trek (topics such as, which series is better, TNG or DS9? Clearly the latter) and Alfred Hitchcock's directing style where the real terror comes from that which lies behind a corner (or behind the cameraman). My eyes were glued to the screen anytime a troll was stalking the main characters – an ignorant group of teens, go fig – and I craved more history and explanation of the origin of trolls from the lead troll hunter, who is old but totally badass.

Troll Hunter, in my opinion, it is by no means a scary movie but a fun “found footage” film. While it contains the obligatory elements of stupid questions –

Teen filmmakers: “So do you really believe in trolls?”
No, kids, I just like wasting gas driving a jeep around this beautiful Norwegian landscape. Wanna know where gravel comes from?




and awe-inspiring troll-houettes (that's a troll silhouette) –
 


 
there still leaves room for an exciting climax that involves, and I'll only share this much, flatulent trolls. I was left gripping my beer in anticipation and gripping my nose in agony.

0 comments:

Post a Comment